Are you contemplating having eye surgery to get rid of those spectacles?
Well, think no more as modern technology allows you to do just that. Superior vision technology has totally transformed the world of eye care right from diagnosis and treatment to equipment and recovery. Vision technology has witnessed some amazing scientific breakthroughs in the past few years and these advances are rapidly changing the future of those with chronic eye conditions. Here are 5 ways innovative technology is making a massive difference to the eye health of millions across the globe:
- The Entry of New Eye Care Equipment
A recent innovation, “Adaptive Optics” has revolutionized the diagnosis of vision in patients suffering from diabetes. This advanced technology can accurately detect the early signs of vision loss that other screening techniques fail to determine. It efficiently targets those areas that were initially overlooked by other machines. This sophisticated technology is a driving change for future generations that are at a risk of diabetes related eye disorders.
- Treatment Procedures Have Become Shorter and The Recovery Time has been Reduced to Half
The adoption of sophisticated equipment and advanced techniques has resulted in the improvement of the results. Procedures have become precise and the treatment time has been reduced dramatically. Today every front-line treatment center uses laser technology whether it is for measuring the focus or reshaping the cornea. Laser surgery is safe, blade-free, precise and automates the most vital processes in a surgery which ensures maximum accuracy, and minimal pain in a much shorter span of time. The diagnosis of eye diseases is now possible at an early stage due to which procedures have become less risky and have a faster recovery time.
- Improvement in Visual Outcomes
The prevention of eye impairments is now possible with lens-based techniques that can accurately track the fluctuations in eye pressure and facilitate timely therapeutic interventions. New formulations are more prompt and effective than ever before, eye evaluations are totally computerized, and gene therapy and stem cell therapy are effectively slowing down eye disease progress and restoring vision. The evolution of regenerative treatments and their encouraging results are anticipated to revolutionize the approach to eye disease and age-related degeneration.
- Different Treatment Options Available Today
The new laser techniques have made acute angle closures safe and accurate. Evolving tools and techniques are now getting closer to the goal of pain-free treatments and improving eye care services. Let’s take a look at how cutting-edge technology is eliminating blindness.
- Wavefront Analysis – Designed to measure how the human eye focuses light, this advanced technique creates an eye map which facilitates an accurate diagnosis of eye problems that can eventually lead to a total loss of vision
- LASIK– It reshapes the cornea to improve the focusing power of the eye and restores vision painlessly
- Diode Laser – Prevents retinal detachment and treats retinal tears by scarring the retina and bonding it with the underlying tissues
- Femtosecond Laser – Incredibly safe and highly accurate, femtosecond laser automates the cataract surgery and also ensures a quick recovery.
- The Entry of New Eye Care Equipment
- How Eye Care Has Evolved in Glaucoma
Today Glaucoma can be detected at a very early stage without causing any damage to the optical fibers and this prevents the onset of vision impairment. It is now possible to track all fluctuations in eye pressure around the clock. Due to this, the physician can treat every type of glaucoma promptly and precisely thereby increasing the chances of a positive outcome. Also, an early diagnosis means less complications and a quicker resolution.
The remarkable results of recently discovered tools and techniques have shifted the focus from treatment to preservation of vision. Today people receive improved eye care services that are aided by bio-engineered products and sophisticated equipment with all the necessary caution for a successful outcome. Developments in eye care technology are already creating a world of possibilities to improve your vision and eye health-don’t wait and call us today to find out your options!