Last Updated on November 17, 2021 by Aaron Barriga
The holiday season is inching closer. Are you still struggling to make up your mind regarding what gifts to give your loved ones? Well, we would like to make a unique holiday gift suggestion. Gifts don’t always have to be materialistic and, most of the times, a thoughtful gesture goes a long way. If you know someone who has been wearing eyeglasses or contact lenses for years, you can gift them a wonderful gift this holiday season — vision correction through LASIK eye surgery
LASIK in Brief
Laser-assisted, in-situ keratomileusis a.k.a LASIK is a pain-free refractive surgery that helps in correcting various vision deficiencies. You can be assured of having a clear vision post-surgery.
Trained ophthalmologists conduct this surgery by creating a small incision to access the inner tissue of the cornea and gently reshaping the eye’s curvature to correct myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism. The LASIK surgeon can also remove the clouded lenses called cataracts and replace them with artificial lenses.
5 Reasons Why LASIK makes an Exceptional Gift
Let us look at some benefits of LASIK eye surgery that your loved ones can enjoy:
- It is PermanentIf you plan on giving clothes or electronics, they won’t last long. Even experiential gifts like holidays or massages have a short life. LASIK is a permanent gift where the recipient will be benefiting for years to come.
- Quick and Pain-Free MethodA beam of laser passing through the eye does sound painful and might make you think twice about your gift. But, fear not, as LASIK is not a painful surgery nor does it take time. It is quick and can be completed in just a matter of minutes. Some people might experience mild discomfort, glare and dry eyes for up to two days following the surgery, however, once the 2 day period is over, their vision will immediately be made more clear!
- Procedure is SafeLASIK is an extremely safe procedure with a success rate of 99.98 percent. With almost negligible surgery risks, you wouldn’t have to second guess about giving this corrective eye surgery as a gift to a loved one.
- Perfect Gift for a TravellerIf the recipient is an avid traveler, then they would really appreciate LASIK eye surgery as a gift. Traveling can get quite cumbersome when you have to handle spectacles, contact lenses, contact lens solution, contact lens cases, spectacle cases. Phew! Missing out on even one of those items would either mean traveling with a blurry vision or putting the eyes at a risk of infection. LASIK eliminates the need to carry all that! You would help your loved ones travel light and see the world clearer.
- Cost-Efficient in the Long RunWhen your loved one receives LASIK as a gift, they would not only enjoy clear vision but also heavier pockets. They would no longer have to spend on prescriptions, broken frames, contact lenses and solution, etc. The cost of these adds up over the years — all of which will be eliminated once they get LASIK.
To know your candidacy for LASIK, call InSight Vision Center at 559-449-5050, a world class ophthalmology and eye care center in Fresno.
Aaron Barriga is the online marketing manager for Insight Vision Center. With a knack for understanding medical procedures, and an interest in eye and vision health, Aaron loves to share what he knows and what he learns. He blogs to inform readers about the latest eye care technology and other topics related to eye care, especially LASIK.