Almost every woman wearing contact lenses will agree that even though their contacts have freed them from the boring spectacles, the said freedom has come at a price. Let’s see why:
Because, wearing and maintaining contacts is quite a task!
- You need to literally follow a step-by-step tedious procedure to just wear and remove your contact lenses. You wash hands, clean the case, clean the lenses and then carefully put them on which is a struggle in itself. This drill is to be followed every time you sleep, shower or go swimming.
- Think of the time you wear makeup. Just a small speck of eye shadow or a seemingly innocent eyelash with mascara, if comes in contact with your lenses, you are sure to get an irritated and red eye for the rest of the day! And not to forget, once you get makeup in the lenses, it is really tough to clean out the residue thoroughly.
- You play multiple roles in a single day and are often multi-tasking with your hectic schedule. In such a scenario, it isn’t exactly convenient, when you also have to ensure that you handle and store lenses correctly so that they don’t get dry, scratched, torn or lost.
It would be wonderful to not restrict yourself from doing anything you love just because of your lenses, don’t you think?
Lasik can be the best possible answer to this question. As opposed to the hassles of using contact lenses, Lasik comes with a host of advantages. Hence, more and more women are choosing Lasik over contact lenses.
Let’s understand the 5 reasons why Lasik can be a much better option for women who are struggling with their contact lenses:
1. You can lead a more carefree lifestyle after Lasik. You don’t need to worry about getting makeup or chlorine water in your eyes while swimming, as with contacts.
2. Lasik is one of the safest procedures. Whereas, contact lenses may lead to a loss of vision in the long term.
3. Lasik is cheaper than contacts. You need to buy new contacts if they are lost, torn, get dry or scratched, which is often. Apart from this, they also need to be replaced regularly. However, Lasik is a onetime solution.
4. Lasik is painless. Contact lenses are known to give the user red, irritated and painful eyes, even if a single dust or makeup particle comes in their contact.
5. There is no risk of infection involved in Lasik. But, contacts are prone to getting infected even with the slightest of negligence, which can eventually lead to serious eye infection.
All these reasons are precisely why Lasik is one of the most preferred vision correction procedures today. Also, the recovery time after Lasik procedure is negligible. You can get back to routine life within only a few days. It gives you the liberty to live your life to the fullest.
So get in touch with our skilled team at Insight Vision Centre today. We can answer any queries related to Lasik which you might have, and also help you understand how it can transform the way you see and live!